Friday, March 30, 2012

Peeta or Gale? That is the Question...

       I know every one has heard of it, and may even be tired of hearing of it, but I am obsessed with The Hunger Games!!! A few months before the wedding I began reading the first book of The Hunger Games trilogy. Every time I sat down to read I had a million and one things running through my head. I need to be writing thank you cards, I should be tying ribbons, I could never focus on what I was reading. Therefore, I just dropped it altogether. Sometime after I put it down, Blake picked it up. He ended up reading all three books and thoroughly enjoyed them. So just recently I started over. With the hype of the movie coming out I just couldn't be the only human on Earth who hasn't read the books, (since literally, every human has read them, right?) So here I go... I read the first one in no time. As soon as it was over, I was dying to get my hands on the second and now I am just beginning the third. These books are addicting. Suzanne Collins knew what she was doing. I find myself sitting in my car in the Ulta parking lot, until the very last second I have to go into work, reading. For those of you who know me, this is not the norm. Ok, I'll be honest with you.... This is the first time I have ever read a sequel or a trilogy or anything. I always start but never read the second book, let alone the third or fourth. I get bored too easily or, apparently, just don't care. But these books have sucked me in, as well as my coworkers. Today, actually, we started a very in depth conversation with a few clients who have also been reading the popular fiction stories, about the morals of this trilogy (since you actually find the books in the teenage section in bookstores). We bounced all over the place from, "is this what the world will eventually come to", to, "this is what is teaching our children to be deceiving and manipulative". Pretty intense stuff and something to get you thinking. Either way, I am hooked, along with many others. Definitely a great, easy read if you're looking for one! Also, the movie is absolutely worth seeing in theatre... so eat some popcorn for me!
Cast from "The Hunger Games"

No comments:

Post a Comment