Friday, May 4, 2012

Don't Sweat It

       Every once in a while life gets the best of me and I have to remind myself to slow down and take it all in. To stop going so fast and actually breathe. Myself along with a few of my friends have recently started working out together every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. At first I was a little skeptical whether or not we would be able to stick with it, but we are about 5 weeks in and feeling great. Our hour and a half workout has come to be a time for me to think. I often get myself in trouble by agreeing to help out in too many places at the same time, and honestly, I think being a hairstylist and always in a hurry (appointment after appointment) makes it worse. I am a people pleaser and constantly try to make the impossible, possible. So having some time to reflect on my thoughts has turned out to be such a blessing. It gives me a chance, although I'm running and sweating to death, to focus on what the day might have in store for me. Blake has been extremely supportive and encourages me everyday (whoa, whoa... don't get the wrong idea. He stays in bed when I leave and is still there when I get back). With these couple of hours a week I have to meditate on what's going on in my life, I am really beginning to see what marriage means and what it stands for. You learn to understand and respect each others needs. Whether it be time to gather your thoughts and feelings, to being comfortable in sharing those thoughts and feelings. This month Blake and I have together for 6 years, and we still learn something new about each other everyday. We are growing and moving forward together and no matter what life throws at us, we are both just going to slow down and remember to breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment